There are after-school centres connected to the school, and in connection with the school, there are a kindergarten with integrated toddler groups. The school covers until 6th grade.
The kindergarten is situated right next to the school. It is a public kindergarten, with a toddler group and a kindergarten under the same roof.
Five key sentences form the basis of the pedagogical work:
- Respecting the child
- Development the sense of security with the children
- Being together adults/children/staff (good cooperation in the institution)
- Development of the ability fo play
- Development of the professional abilities of the staff
Please refer to www.osterhojstbornehus.dk for more information.
The opening hours are Monday to Thursday from 06.15 – 16.30 and Friday from 06.15 – 15.30.
Øster Højst School is a branch of Løgumkloster district school.
The school covers until 6th grade, and has a “rolling school start”. This means that your child can start in school when you feel that the time is right, and that the teaching will be adjusted to the level of each pupil.
Read more about “rolling school start” in Danish at http://en.calameo.com/read/000100575509ed04fb0ea
Apart from the publich institutions, there are a couple of private day care facilities in Øster Højst. You can read about those here:
- Karinas tumlinger: http://www.karinastumlinger.dk/44371038
- Heidi´s private børnepasning: http://www.privat-dagpleje-oesterhoejst.dk/354607279